[ Consent to Sublease ]
This consent to sublease is entered into as of ________[date] by and among ________, a ________[state of incorporation] Corporation (“Landlord”), ________ a ________[state of incorporation] Corporation (“Sub Lessor”), and ________ Corporation, a ________[state of incorporation] Corporation (“Sub Lessee ”).
Landlord entered into a lease with Sub Lessor dated ________, which lease and all riders and amendments are in this consent to sublease called the “Master Lease,” by which Landlord leased to Sub Lessor certain premises in the building known as ________;
Sub Lessor desires to sublet a portion of the premises covered by the Master Lease, consisting of approximately ________ rentable square feet of space (the “Premises”), to Sub lessee and Sub Lessee desires to lease the Premises from Sub Lessor;
The terms of the Master Lease require the consent of Landlord to any subletting and Landlord has agreed to grant consent.
Landlord consents to the sublease of the Premises between Sub Lessor and Sub Lessee dated ________; (the “Sublease”), a copy of which Sublease is attached hereto and made a part of this document as Exhibit “A,” subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Sublease shall be subject and subordinate at all times to all of the covenants, agreements, terms, provisions and conditions of the Master Lease and of this Consent. Neither Sub Lessor nor Sub Lessee shall do or permit anything to be done in connection with the Sublease or Sub Lessee’s occupancy of the Premises as defined in the Sublease which will violate the Master Lease or this Consent.
2. Sub Lessee will not, without prior written consent of Landlord in each instance, assign the Sublease or sublet the Premises or any part of them.
3. Sub Lessee agrees that no substantial alterations, additions or physical changes will be made in the Premises or any part of them without Landlord’s prior written consent in each instance.
4. This Consent by Landlord shall not be in any way or manner a release of Sub Lessor from any and all obligations to be performed by Sub Lessor as the Lessee under the Master Lease. The parties agree that Landlord may, after a default by Sub Lessor under the Master Lease, collect all rents due and owing from Sub Lessee and the collection of rents due shall not be a waiver of any rights and remedies of Landlord against Sub Lessor as the Lessee under the Master Lease.
5. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Sublease, nothing contained in the Sublease, or contained in this Consent, shall enlarge or increase Landlord’s obligations or liability under the Master Lease or otherwise, and in the event of a default in the Master Lease which results in a termination of the Master Lease, the Sublease and Sub Lessee’s rights in the Premises shall also be terminated.
6. Upon the execution of this Consent and the Sublease, Sub Lessee agrees to be fully bound and obligated under all the terms and conditions of the Master Lease. This Consent by Landlord shall not bind Landlord to perform any of the obligations of Sub Lessor as may be provided in the Sublease.
7. This Consent shall not be changed orally but only by an agreement in writing signed by all parties.
8. Sub Lessor agrees to reimburse Landlord, upon demand, for expenses incurred in connection with Landlord’s consent to the Sublease, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees incurred by Landlord.
The parties to this Consent to Sublease have caused it to be duly executed as of the day and year first above written.